Do Married People Get Less Taxes Taken Out of Paychecks?

If I declared my Taxable Marital Status as Married instead of Single, will I have more or less taxes taken out from my paycheck?

Right now, I made $1,730.77 per pay period and I get nearly $600 taken out in taxes. I recently got married.....if I change my status to married on my W-2 form, will this amount go up or down?
Answer:    are you married if so then should it the two options be

marred filing jointly or married filing separately

and what is taken out of you check each week depends on what you tell them to withhold, the difference is if you get some back in or pay in more when April gets here.

I have been married and file married filing jointly and always get some back, however that is still defiant for different circumstances.
You won't necessarily have less taken out, but you'll be able to deduct more when it comes time to file.
The amount taken out shold go down, but not by too much.

However, you can list on there that you want deductions taken as if you have more deductions, in which case even less money will be taken out. I would only recommend doing that if you know that at your current rate of deduction, you will be overpaying your taxes and would get a refund when you fill out your taxes next year.
it will go down...assuming your pay periods are bi-weekly and the gross amt is 1730.77 the federal withholding per the circular e (employers tax guide for 2005) would have been 282.00 for single and 185.00 for married...this is all contingent upon how often you get paid...if its weekly it is different but yes, for the most part it will decrease
The W-4 form tries to take a very rough guess at what your taxes might be by taking into account your deductions/exemptions, specifically your family status and number of kids. Changing from single to married will definately lower the amount of taxes taken out. It won't be incredibly drastic though. I'm thinking if you make about 45K over the course of the year... the change might be about 1K. Remember that your deductions aren't all necessarily taxes. You've got your normal social security (7.5% and not effected by marriage), and I'm guessing you have some kind of health care plan and 401(k).

Good luck.
Unless you change your W-4 form on file with your employer, the amount of taxes taken out will remain the same.

Go to your Human Resources department at work and ask for a new W-4. Less money will be withheld each pay period.

In a perfect world, you would have the exact amount taken out as you owe. Then you wouldn't have to pay in at the end of the year, and you wouldn't get a refund. Instead, you would maximize your take-home pay and be able to use or invest it as you wish, not loan it to the IRS interest free.

The trick is to figure out what number to enter on your W-4 to get as close as you can to a perfect world. If you are getting a huge refund, increase the number on your W-4. If you have to pay in, lower the number.
You want to file a new w-4 to change your status. It all really depends on you situation. If you want to just even out at the end of the year, you can claim married and 3 dependent, and have more for the holidays. I'm sure that enough was taken out since u were single more than half the year between you and ur now husband. You'll be fine on the tax season. A quick figure is to total up ur yearly amount and have at least 30% of your income held back for taxes to be safe.