How long till Short Term Disability kicks in?
Answer: That will depend upon the Short Term Disability policy. I would check with the benefits administrator at your company to find out how long it can take.
Sometimes the first check takes the longest to come in, but once that comes in, the later ones will be pretty steady.
Make sure you find out exactly what forms and requirements are needed to completely and accurately complete the paperwork and make a copy of each form you submit. Any paperwork you need to mail in, it might be worthwhile to pay for certified mail so you can prove you submitted the form, or use a carrier like FedEx or UPS which has a tracking form. The payments can be delayed if they don't have all the proper paperwork completed as they will have to go back and ask for more paperwork which can delay your payments.
Make sure that any doctor's visits and paperwork to the doctor was turned in and then double check with them to make sure they processed the paperwork (including documenting the dates they submitted the paperwork).
It may seem like a lot of extra work, but this will help speed up the payments.
one or two weeks
- Related Questions and Answers:
- I am quitting my job today. Do you think they will call me?
- What do u guys think of a female police officer?
- Getting A Job As Security Guard Or Door Supervisor?
- I'm working in a hotel, can you suggest any item good to give to guest during turndown/evening service?
- when employers do a background check, does it show your whole work history, or do they just verify your resume
- can a person rejoin the UAW union after being out of the union for 3-4 years?
- Why do companies make pathetic attempts at projecting their work environments as perfect "utopias"?
- Is there anyone who honestly knows of a real work from home position that does not require me to pay anything?